Wednesday 11 November 2009

Editing and shizzle

It's been a whole day since I last posted anything on here, so I thought 'time to do it again!'. Obsessed or what? But oh well, more marks for us (hopefully?!).

So today we started to edit our film together, and put a few effects on it, like ghost trails on the hand-held track shot that we do through the cantine, and changing the contrast on all of the shots we have, and it's looking really good so far. We still have a lot to do though, especially since we found out today that we have to write our own music for it (!!), and we still have to iron out some wrinkles in the continuity, particularly before and after the point-of-view shot right in the middle of our film.

It's only when I look back at all the footage that we've shot that I realise that I should have done this or that differently when acting, but at the time I was just embarrassed by everyone watching me look like a prat - I always seem to end up acting out the worst parts in all of our media work! But I have never been a particulary good actress, so I'm just glad that we don't actually get marked on that in any way!!

And this music thing is hopefully going to go not too bad as well. I didn't even know we were meant to do our own music until everyone else started up GarageBand and began jamming away on it! So now that's something else to do, and hopefully Roisin will be inspired to create some sort of brilliant masterpiece since she is the only one out of us who even took music for GCSE.

Wish us loooooots of luck!!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you're right, Rachel. the more detail you get on your blog the more marks (as long as it's relevant and appropriate, of course!) So, I'm delighted you're now a blog addict - keep the habit for the next two years, please!

    ReplyDelete