Thursday 18 November 2010

Previous Student Example Analysis - West Suffolk College


What I Like About This Video...
I really like the narrative that is present throughout this music video. The quality of shots is also good as at West Suffolk College they use HD cameras and professional equipment, which has definitely enhanced the overall visuals. I particularly like the shot when the actor is walking down the road next to a window, reflecting a mirror image of him but in different clothing and the colour correction used to create a colder feel.

What I Dislike...
The only thing I dislike about this music video is the use of slow-motion added to a seemingly fast paced music video throughout, I feel this doesn't really fit.

What Would I Avoid...?
In my own music video I would perhaps avoid the confusion of using too many locations and create a more coherent style. For example in this music video the locations include a forest, a beach and London. Although this is only my interpretation and others may feel that this works well.

What Would I Include...?
Obviously this video is at a very high standard, as the student who created it is a student of Video Production at West Suffolk College. This has definitely convinced me to hopefully use the HD camera available at school as it really enhances the images and since we will hopefully be filming in a scenic area it would enhance this also. The use of lip-syncing is definitely something I would like to include, as well as narrative possibly and both are evident in this music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment