Friday 19 November 2010

Previous Student Example Analysis - Long Road Media


What did I like about this music video?
  • I like the use of split screen, particularly the first instance of it - it looks really effective
  • The opening shot, whilst a little shaky, really looked good and made use of the time of year when they were filming. I also liked the leaves falling in the shot
  • The way narrative and performance were combined into a story about how the boy was heartbroken and singing about a girl
What did I dislike?
  • The slightly amateurish way you could see the camera in the top corner of the mirror in one shot
  • The lip-syncing wasn't quite there in some cases, and it looked a bit like he was miming at times - and also singing when there was no music!

What would I like to avoid in my own Music Video?
  • Definitely to lip-sync properly at all costs! Learn the lyrics and sing them properly and at the right time
  • Try and avoid rookie mistakes such as visible cameras and basic continuity errors

How has this video inspired me?
  • I like the mix of performance and narrative, and how the performance ties into the narrative, rather than just having a seemingly random section where someone is singing
  • I like the editing, particularly when the shot goes from black and white to colour, and also the split screen, so I think our group should definitely spend some time learning to use Final Cut properly
  • The location is also very nice, and fits in well with the tone of the song (which sounds like it was possibly an original song)

No comments:

Post a Comment