Friday 19 November 2010

Previous Student Example Analysis - 'Invaders Must Die' - The Prodigy



What did I like about this music video?
  • I like how the beat of the song matches the beat of the video; when the song slows down, the shots are longer and when it speeds up, so does the editing
  • I particularly like the escalator sequence when it is sped up, along with the other sped up parts - I think they looked really effective
What did I dislike?
  • Some parts seemed mildly unprofessional, such as during the 'fight' sequence, and you can see one of the actors laughing
  • I'm not sure if it is a good thing or not, but because the song had very few lyrics, there was no need for lip-syncing and so this skill was not showcased very much.
What would I like to avoid in my own Music Video?
  • I would like to avoid having quite as much in the way of dancing, and perhaps include more 'random' shots, such as the shot of the birds in our own work.
  • The video quality was very low in this video, possibly due to YouTube, but this definitely tells me that high-def is a must in out work!
How has this video inspired me?
  • This video has shown me that it is possible to have a mainly performance based piece with strands of narrative running through (although the performance here is dance rather than singing)
  • I like the sped-up sequences, and this is something that we could possibly do in our own video, or something similar, such as the stop-motion type stuff. All of this highlights the construction of the piece and is therefore sort of postmodern (and as we all know, music videos are considered the truest form of postmodernism)

No comments:

Post a Comment