Thursday 18 November 2010

Previous Student Example Analysis - 'What's a girl to do'

The second music video I am analysing from previous students is called 'What's a girl to do.



What do I like about this video?
- I like the fact that the lip singing is spot on
- I like the editing fitting into the pace of the music
- I like the idea that they have used a simple narrative with simple effects/editing and it still works really well

What do I not like?
- I don't really like the idea of the random dance routine as I believe it doesn't go with the song and it can be a bit random in places
- The camera work can be a bit unsteady at times where it would look just as good if the camera was steady

What I would like to avoid?
- I would like to avoid the unsteady camerawork
- I would like to have more of a narrative then what is in this music video

What I can use in our video?
- We are using the idea of using random images and it is nice to see that it works, but as long as it isn't to random and fits into the song

No comments:

Post a Comment